We all love a little sass now and then and there’s no better time to sass up your style than right now during these last long days of winter! Since the Grammys aired last week, everyone has been raving about Adele. She has a beautiful voice and elegant, vintage modern style.
Earlier this week I met up with my good friend and Denver makeup artist, Sameera Ahmed, of “Makeup By Sameera”. We decided to play around and do a few playful, vintage throwback looks for the eyes!
Here are some of the fun looks we explored…
So, would you like to get any of these fun, sassy looks for yourself? Try out the following tips from Sameera for your everyday cat eyes.
- Use Liquid eyeliner or a soft kohl pencil. If you choose to work with a pencil keep it sharpened to a point, and set the liner with a matte black eyeshadow to set the color.
- Fill in your lash line. Start at the beginning of the lash line and follow to the center of the eye. When you get to the center of your eye, don’t follow the curve of your lash line back downwards; draw a line straight out, just above your natural lash line.
- The key to winging your eyeliner is to follow the shape of your bottom lash line.
- The father you draw the wing the more dramatic the look.
- Finish up by filling in the area from the corner of your eye to the wing tip.
Each of the different “looks” above started with a basic cat eye “swoop” (how-to pics below) and then followed by applying different, beautiful layers of eye shadows.
Find her on Facebook here. And thanks to our lovely model, Ali! You are the best!!
If you want to see a video of our “Twiggy” look, check us out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/dingalingvintage
Guest blogger Ashley Poskin of Dingaling Vintage posts on the Horseshoe blog every Wednesday and Friday about vintage lifestyle and her fabulous vintage finds. Follow Ashley on Facebook and on Twitter.